Виконайте наведені нижче дії та прочитайте наведені нижче поради щодо безпеки під час користування цим веб-сайтом:
Follow these steps and read the advice below about how to stay safe when using this website:
- 🇺🇦 For Ukrainians, use the ‘Select Language’ button to choose your preferred language. Використовуйте кнопку «Вибрати мову», щоб змінити мову сайту на українську.
- Create a post.
- 🇬🇧 For UK sponsors, do not enter your full address. Add your nearest town or city.
- Search for UK sponsors or Ukrainians needing sponsors.
- Send messages to each other and try to connect with the people that are right for you.
- 🇬🇧 UK citizens – when you find someone to sponsor, if you haven’t done so already, click this link to register on the UK government website.
- 🇺🇦 Ukrainian citizens – when you have a sponsor, apply for a visa under the Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme (Homes for Ukraine) – click this link to apply on the UK government website.
- THIS STEP IS VERY IMPORTANT.
- Please hide your post after you have successfully connected with someone. This will remove your post from the website. Hiding your post will help many other people because it means they will not waste their time sending messages to someone who they cannot connect with.
- How do I hide my post?
- After you have created an account, your account name will appear in the top right corner of the screen with an icon of a person. Click or tap either your account name or the person icon to see your posts in the ‘Listings’ section.
- Click or tap on the title of the post to open it.
- Click or tap on ‘Edit’.
- Click or tap on ‘Hide’. Your post is now removed from the website.
- You can also click or tap on ‘Delete’ but we suggest you hide the post, in case you want to add the post to the website in the future.
- If you do not hide your post, you will still receive messages from people and you will be wasting their valuable time.
- Please help others by hiding your post after you have successfully connected with someone.
- Click or tap ‘Unhide’ if you want to add your post onto the website again.
FAQ - frequently asked questions
Please visit the UK government FAQ page which covers many frequently asked questions about the Homes For Ukraine scheme.
Advice about staying safe when using this website
We strongly advise that you do your own research to confirm the identity and authenticity of the person you are communicating with. Please remember your safety is your own responsibility. We are not responsible for any communication between you and another person.
🇬🇧 Advice for UK sponsors:
- Do not put your full home address in the post. Use the nearest town or city.
- Do not put your phone number or email address in the post. The post is public but messages are private.
- Read the official UK government guidance for sponsors.
🇺🇦 Advice for Ukrainians:
- Використовуйте кнопку «Вибрати мову», щоб змінити мову сайту на українську.
- Не вказуйте в оголошенні свій номер телефону чи адресу електронної пошти.
- Do not put your phone number or email address in the post.
- Ask questions such as:
- Why did you message me?
- Are children allowed and if they are, what age range is acceptable?
- What are the names of the local schools and can you send me some links to their websites?
- Are pets allowed and if they are, what kind of pets and how many?
- If I have a car, can I park it for free outside the accommodation?
- Where will we meet?
- Check that your family will be staying together. If not, find another sponsor.
- Do not accept an offer of accommodation if it is not right for you. We are trying to grow the number of UK sponsors on the website and there will be other options.
- Report the listing if the sponsor asks you to do any work, to have a relationship or a sexual relationship with them or if they ask you to give them any money. The UK government scheme will pay the sponsor directly into their bank account. The UK government scheme will never require you to do anything like that or anything else that would make you feel uncomfortable.
- Beware if the person you are meeting is not the person you have been speaking with.
- Beware if the sponsor will not show you the accommodation.
- If something feels wrong, do not message the sponsor and find another sponsor.
- If you ever feel in danger, call the police and emergency services on 999 for the UK and 112 for the European Union.
🇬🇧 🇺🇦 Advice for UK sponsors and Ukrainians:
- Confirm how long the accommodation is available for.
- Discuss what facilities are available in the local area including schools, doctors, hospitals and shops.
- Discuss whether or not the Ukrainian people need a job and if they do, discuss the jobs that are available in the local area.
- Limit the amount of personal information you put in a post or send via messages.
- Never share any passwords, bank details or personal photos you are not happy to share.
- Every post has a ‘Report Listing’ button. If you believe the post is suspicious, inappropriate, fake or unsafe for any reason, then please click the ‘Report Listing’ button and describe the problem. We will review the post and take appropriate action.
- We suggest you have video calls to learn more about each other, to see if the accommodation will be suitable and to see the local area.